We Are Well Prepared & Excited to See You Again!
We are beyond ready to get back to work and see everyone that we have missed so much! We hope that everyone is healthy, happy, and prepared to ease back into regular routines. Much has changed since we saw you last. We are all still coming to grips with the COVID-19 pandemic and events triggered by it. We want to update you on our office, it's measured re-opening, and the steps we are taking to ensure the safety of our patients and our team.
The wealth of information regarding COVID-19 is continually changing, and Dr. Zeifman is staying as up-to-date as possible. We encourage patients to continue to utilize Virtual Visits as much as possible.
To that end, we will be following rigorous scheduling protocols and office measures to ensure the safety and well-being of you (our patients), and the team members at Zeifman Orthodontics.
We ask for your patience. We had to cancel over 600 appointments, and we know that there is a strong desire to get your treatment back on track as soon as possible. We will eventually, but have made some necessary changes in our office to ensure your safety. We have put these processes and procedures in place to keep everyone healthy and well.
We have already started rescheduling patients on a first-canceled-first-rescheduled basis. This efficient and structured process back into the office will allow everyone to get back on track.
Changes You Can Expect
- Additional Forms Before You Visit
- Please make sure to fill out our supplemental questionnaire the morning of your appointment, not before that.
- Any question indicating recent exposure to someone with COVID-19 or having signs and symptoms of the same will be asked to leave, and not return for the specified 14-day self-quarantine requirement.
- All observation appointments will be done virtually through our virtual visits option on our website (for current patients), and virtual consultation option (for new patients) during this time. If Dr. Zeifman determines you need to be seen, we will schedule your next appointment in office. If Dr. Zeifman determines you are not ready for treatment, you will be scheduled for a follow up appointment in 6 months.
- There will be a limit to the number of patient appointments per day. The points outlined below will lend clarity to this decision.
- Please wait for our office to call you to reschedule your appointments. We have a very accurate and comprehensive list of every appointment canceled, including the day and time.
- Emergencies will be defined by pain or bleeding. For now, broken brackets and ill-fitting aligner trays do not constitute as an emergency.
- Curbside Drop-off and Check-In
- Health Screening Upon Arrival
- Your temperature and blood oxygen level will be taken by our staff. If your oxygen level is low or your temp is over 100 degrees Fahrenheit, you will be asked to leave and not return for the specified 14-day self-quarantine requirement.
- No Extra People in the office
- Only the patient that is being treated will be allowed to enter the office. However, if younger or special needs patients require someone to accompany them, only one parent or guardian is allowed to escort them. No other family members or friends will be permitted inside.
- Brush Your Teeth Before You Arrive
- Prior to your appointment, please brush your teeth thoroughly so that there is no visible plaque remaining on your teeth.
- Please Wear a Mask
- Please bring your own mask and wear it to your appointment. Federal guidelines for social distancing and wearing masks in businesses continue, so bring the mask you have been using. If you do not have your own, we will provide one; however, personal protective equipment supplies are limited. If we run out, we will have to close the office again until the supply-chain is restored.
- Hand Sanitizer
- The tooth-brushing station will be used as a hand-washing/sanitizing station required of every patient before being seated.
Additional Safety Precautions
- All staff members will wear masks at all times and gloves when necessary.
- All staff will complete a health screening and have their temperature taken when they arrive. Staff members with any symptoms will be asked to stay home.All staff will wash their hands when they enter the office and after each appointment.
- All surfaces will be disinfected thoroughly during the day.
- 6ft social distancing will be strictly enforced
- Patients will be seated in every other chair in the office to maintain social distancing.
- We have installed the leading air filtration and purification systems, from IQAir, to aggressively address airborne particle removal and cyclical air turnover to ensure the highest air quality throughout our facilities.
- We have implemented UV light air sterilization.
- Our furniture has been rearranged to better suit the new standards we've put in place to protect our patients and team members. You may notice other changes made to ensure the health and well-being of our patients and our team.
- Additionally, we will be using HOCL, to clean the air, to significantly reduce concern for contaminated aerosolized pathogens.
- Please understand that conversations will be significantly reduced to allow for social distancing, appointments running on time, disinfection of treatment chairs and instruments, etc.
- During this re-entry period, we will not be providing coffee, tea, hot chocolate or any snacks.
- We ask for understanding as we address all of your treatment needs during your visit. Individuals with multiple broken brackets may not have everything completed during one visit due to strict scheduling times.
- Please use the restroom before coming to your appointment.
- Patients will be asked to rinse with a 3% hydrogen peroxide mouth rinse. Rinse for 30 seconds and then spit back into the cup where an assistant will dispose of the rinse.
- Reschedule If You’re Sick. Please reschedule your appointment if anyone in your family is experiencing any of the following symptoms, or if you’ve come in contact with anyone who has tested positive for COVID-19. Please reschedule if you have a fever, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, repeated shaking and/or chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, new loss of taste or smell, or any other symptoms of illness.
We're Still Available Virtually
If you don't feel comfortable coming into our office yet, you’re still welcome to visit us virtually.
We will continue to offer Virtual Visits for current patients and Virtual Consultations for new patients.
If you’re an observation or retainer check patient, please complete a virtual visit instead of scheduling an in-office appointment.